Investing in a team of internal cybersecurity experts can be costly, due to the amount of resources dedicated to training, solution upgrades and salary costs. SMB’s and medium-sized businesses are starting to see the increased value in outsourcing their security needs to a managed security service provider for a variety of reasons. Here are the top five reasons to utilize a managed security service provider:
- Cost Savings – Cybersecurity is one of the most in-demand positions in the field of IT, and as such, it is also one of the most expensive positions to fill. By hiring out to a MSSP, your team is guaranteed to save money on salary fees, training requirements and other costs associated with hiring an internal security team. Managed security service providers bundle these costs together so that you are able to forecast your budget ahead of time with pinpoint accuracy, and your team always has the option to scale your monthly package up or down, depending on your needs.
- Advanced Protection from Threats – Cybersecurity hackers are constantly evolving with the sophistication in their attacks. That is why is so important for businesses to have the latest software and upgrades installed on their network, so that they are protected from the threat of attacks. By hiring out your security needs to an MSSP, your team will never have to worry about updating, installing or purchasing these tools because your MSSP will handle this and will have the insight into what the best tools are as well for your particular environment.
- Rapid Response to Threats – The beauty of hiring an MSSP is that your environment will be closely monitored 24x7x365, so if there is ever a security incident, your team can rest assured that your MSSP will respond to the threat instantly.
- Compliance – Industries like healthcare and the government require security compliance measures, or else they risk fines and penalties. By outsourcing to a company that has a strong knowledge of government compliance and security like Compulink, your team can rest assured that your infrastructure is not only secure, but is also meeting HIPPA and government regulation standards.
- Rest Easy – By outsourcing your security needs to a managed security service provider, you not only save money, get the best tools and have continuous monitoring, you will also have a team of security experts at your disposal that will become an extension of your own team. Let’s face it, monitoring security threats all the time can be exhausting and time-consuming. With our team of security experts, you can rest easy knowing that you are protected so you and your team can focus on other mission critical areas of your business.